Joe and Seb are joined by Rich, aka FlapjackFPL from the FPL Surgery podcast, to look at the key issues facing Fantasy Premier League (FPL) managers ahead of Gameweek 34.
Burnley’s Chris Wood (£6.3m) was the surprising stand-out star of Gameweek 33 for many of us, with a 20-point haul against Wolverhampton Wanderers.
But a points bonanza for the New Zealand international was arguably predictable given his stellar underlying statistics in recent weeks.
The former Brighton and Hove Albion striker was among ‘unfairly unfashionable’ picks the Scoutcast crew focused on two weeks ago and given his strong returns since, Joe once again looks at this list to find the next Wood.
Can Everton forward Dominic Calvert-Lewin (£7.5m) be back in vogue? Will FPL managers see beyond Matheus Pereira‘s (£5.5m) West Brom label? And is it possible that Newcastle’s Joelinton (£5.7m) and Dwight Gayle (£5.9m) can continue delivering unexpected returns?
Meanwhile, Leeds United have dropped off the Fantasy Football catwalk in recent weeks due to a poor fixture run. But with a great set of games to round off the campaign, they are looking trim and tailored once again. Leeds fan Seb leads the discussion through the best options.
To make room for these passé potential points scorers, more established players need to make way.
The crew are on hand to ponder on the potential risks and rewards of removing Manchester United’s Bruno Fernandes (£11.5m) and Liverpool’s Diogo Jota (£7.1m).
In addition, the Scoutcast crew also look back on their Gameweek 33 highs and lows, and reveal their upcoming transfer and captaincy plans.
Rough with the Smooth features a painful-looking bench, the remaining fixtures are frisked and Rich takes his turn to pick a differential.
This episode was aired live via YouTube. Be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel to get notified of future live episodes.
In addition, the Scoutcast and all our other podcasts are now also available via our Soundcloud channel.
If you’re a traditional type, you can acquire the mp3 audio version via this link or the first player below. Or you can take in the full visual experience via the second player below.
Become a Member and get unrestricted access to our data and articles
Full-year memberships, monthly subscriptions and a FREE trial are all now available.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.