Alex Pantling/Getty Images. Pictured: Leicester City.
For a third straight weekend, all five major leagues are in action, which means there is a full slate of European soccer on which to bet.
Here is a snapshot of what we saw across the continent last weekend:
- Dominic Calvert-Lewin scored in the final minute for Everton to secure a 3-3 draw with Manchester United at Old Trafford.
- Liverpool were beaten at home for the third time in a row, this time to Manchester City. The win now gives the Cityzens a five-point lead atop the Premier League table with a game in hand.
- Atletico Madrid gave away a one-goal lead in the final minutes against Celta Vigo to draw 2-2. Barcelona and Real Madrid took care of business against lesser opponents, so Atletico’s lead a top the table is now down to only five points.
- Freiburg upset Dortmund 2-1 at home, which in turn dropped Dortmund outside the top four.
- Juventus defeated Roma 2-0 at home and are now only seven points behind AC Milan for the Serie A title.
With how busy the European soccer calendar is at the moment with mid-week cup matches, managers might be rotating their squads to rest some players. Therefore, it might be a good idea to wait to place a wager until starting lineups come out prior to kickoff.
You can use these projections to identify early betting value on the opening lines, plus follow me in The Action Network App to see any bets I make throughout the week.
Premier League Notes
- Leicester vs. Liverpool: Liverpool needs to end their dreadful run of form that dates all the way back to Christmas. The Reds have taken only nine points from their previous nine matches and have lost their last two matches. The Foxes have struggled at the King Power Stadium this season, picking up only 16 of a possible 33 points at home. Liverpool has won six of their last seven meetings with Leicester.
- Manchester City vs. Tottenham: The Cityzens have been beating every team in their path over the past two months. Manchester City has won their last 10 matches in the Premier League and have conceded only two goals in those matches. Tottenham got out of their bad run of form with a 2-0 win over West Brom on Sunday. However, Spurs had lost their previous three matches in Premier League play.
Premier League Injury News
- Arsenal: Kieran Tierney (RB) is out against Leeds. Thomas Partey (CM) is questionable.
- Brighton: Tariq Lamptey (RB), Davy Pröpper (CAM), Solly March (LB) are out against Aston Villa.
- Burnley: Robbie Brady (LM) and Chris Wood (ST) are questionable to play against Crystal Palace. Josh Brownhill (CM) is out.
- Chelsea: Kai Havertz (RM) is questionable to play against Newcastle. Thiago Silva (CB) is out.
- Crystal Palace: Wilfried Zaha (ST), Joel Ward (RB), James McArthur (CM), Jeffrey Schlupp (LM) and Mamadou Sakho (CB) are out against Burnley.
- Everton: Jordan Pickford (GK) James Rodríguez (CAM) is questionable to play against Fulham.
- Fulham: Tom Cairney (CAM) is out against Everton.
- Leeds: Diego Llorente (CB) is out against Arsenal. Kalvin Phillips (CM) is questionable.
- Leicester: Timothy Castagne (RB) and Dennis Praet (CAM) are out against Liverpool.
- Liverpool: Diogo Jota (CF), Virgil van Dijk (CB), Naby Keïta (CM), Joël Matip (CB) and Joe Gomez (CB) are out against Leicester.
- Manchester City: Kevin de Bruyne (CAM), Sergio Agüero (ST) and Nathan Aké (CB) are out against Tottenham.
- Manchester United: Paul Pogba (CM) is out against West Brom.
- Newcastle: Federico Fernández (CB), Jamaal Lascelles (CB), Jeff Hendrick (CM), Javier Manquillo (RB), Fabian Schär (CB), and Callum Wilson (ST) are out against Chelsea.
- Sheffield United: Sander Berge (CM), Jack Robinson (CB) and Jack O’Connell (CB) are out against West Ham.
- Southampton: Theo Walcott (RM), and Ibrahima Diallo (CM) are out against Wolves.
- Tottenham: Giovani Lo Celso (CM), Serge Aurier (RB), and Sergio Reguilón (RB) are out against Manchester City.
- West Brom: Grady Diangana (LM) is out against Manchester United.
- West Ham: Arthur Masuaku (LB), Andriy Yarmolenko (RM), and Angelo Ogbonna (CB) are out against Sheffield United.
- Wolves: Daniel Podence (ST), Willy Boly (CB), Rayan Aït-Nouri (LWB) and Raúl Jiménez (ST) are out against Southampton.
- Wolfsburg vs. Gladbach: Wolfsburg is quietly making their way up the Bundesliga table, as they’ve won four straight matches and have not conceded a goal in those matches. Gladbach’s season has been an absolute roller coaster, as they find themselves in seventh place in the table. Gladbach has had a tough time at Volkswagon Arena over the years, as Wolfsburg is unbeaten against them in their last 10 matches at home.
Bundesliga Injury News
- Augsburg: Iago (LWB) and Raphael Framberger (RB) are questionable to play against RB Leipzig.
- Bayer Leverkusen: Lars Bender (CDM) is questionable to play against Mainz.
- Bayern Munich: Leon Goretzka (CM) is questionable to play against Arminia Bielefeld.
- Borussia Dortmund: Thorgan Hazard (CAM), Thomas Meunier (RB), Roman Bürki (GK), and Axel Witsel (CM) are out against Hoffenheim.
- Freiburg: Roland Sallai (CAM) is questionable to play against Werder Bremen.
- Hertha Berlin: Marvin Plattenhardt (LB), Jhon Córdoba (ST), and Dedryck Boyata (CB) is out against Vfb Stuttgart.
- Hoffenheim: Kevin Akpoguma (CB) and Ryan Sessegnon (LB) are questionable to play against Dortmund.
- Koln: Sebastiaan Bornauw (CB) is out against Gladbach. Sebastian Andersson (ST) and Florian Kainz (RM) are questionable.
- Mainz 05: Robin Quaison (ST) is out against Leverkusen.
- RB Leipzig: Emil Forsberg (CAM) is out against Augsburg.
- Schalke: Mark Uth (CAM) is out against Union Berlin.
- Union Berlin: Christopher Lenz (LB) is questionable to play against Schalke.
- Vfb Stuttgart: Gonzalo Castro (CAM) is out against Hertha Berlin.
Serie A Notes
- Napoli vs. Juventus: Napoli is struggling to keep pace with the top of the table after losses to Genoa, Verona, and Spezia in their last six matches. Juventus, on the other hand, are starting to look like their dominant selves and have become real title contenders after beating Roma 2-0 last weekend. Juventus has won six of their last seven matches in Serie A play.
- Inter vs. Lazio: Inter is trailing AC Milan by only two points for the top spot in Serie A. They’ve been dominant at the San Siro, winning their last seven matches at home. Lazio has rebounded from a difficult start to the season, winning their last six matches, which has put them tied on points with Roma for fourth place. These two teams drew 1-1 at Lazio earlier in the season.
Serie A Injury News
- AC Milan: Davide Calabria (RB) is out against Spezia. Simon Kjær (CB) is questionable.
- Atalanta: Rafael Tolói (CB) is out against Cagliari.
- Benevento: Gaetano Letizia (RB) is questionable to play against Bologna. Artur Ioniță (CM) is out.
- Bologna: Mattias Svanberg (CM) is out against Benevento.
- Cagliari: Alfred Duncan (CM) is questionable to play against Atalanta.
- Crotone: Arkadiusz Reca (LM), Luca Cigarini (CM) and Salvatore Molina (CM) are all questionable to play against Sassuolo.
- Fiorentina: Sofyan Amrabat (CM) and Nikola Milenković (CB) are out against Sampdoria. Martín Cáceres (RB) is questionable.
- Genoa: Cristián Zapata (CB) and Eldor Shomurodov (ST) are questionable to play against Torino. Milan Badelj (CDM) is out.
- Inter: Arturo Vidal (CM) is questionable to play against Lazio.
- Lazio: Luiz Felipe (CB) and Thomas Strakosha (GK) are questionable to face Inter.
- Napoli: Konstantinos Manolas (CB), Kalidou Koulibaly (CB), Faouzi Ghoulam (LB), and Dries Mertens (CAM) are questionable to play against Inter.
- Parma: Giuseppe Pezzella (LB) and Vincent Laurini (RB) are questionable to play against Verona. Simone Iacoponi (CB) is out.
- Roma: Pedro (CAM) and Chris Smalling (CB) are questionable to play against Udinese.
- Sampdoria: Manolo Gabbiadini (CAM) is questionable to face Fiorentina. Lorenzo Tonelli (CB) is out.
- Sassuolo: Jérémie Boga (LM) and Gian Marco Ferrari (CB) are out against Crotone.
- Spezia: Diego Farias (LW) and M’Bala Nzola (ST) are questionable to play against AC Milan. Claudio Terzi (CB) is out.
- Udinese: Ignacio Pussetto (ST) is questionable to play against Roma. Roberto Pereyra (CM) is out.
- Verona: Mattia Zaccagni (CAM), Davide Faraoni (RM), and Federico Ceccherini (CB) are out against Parma. Miguel Veloso (CM) is questionable.
La Liga Notes
- Real Madrid vs. Valencia: Real Madrid are starting to make up ground on Atletico, as they are only six points behind at the moment. Los Blancos dominated Getafe on Tuesday and are starting to look like the team we saw during the restart this summer. Valencia is in 12th place right now and only four points from the relegation zone. They did, however, rout Real Madrid earlier in the season 4-1, so they are capable of taking down the Spanish giants.
La Liga Injury News
- Athletic Bilbao: Iker Muniain (LM) is questionable to play against Cadiz.
- Atletico Madrid: Kieran Trippier (RB) is out against Celta Vigo. João Félix (ST), Thomas Lemar (CM), and Mario Hermoso (CB) are all questionable.
- Barcelona: Gerard Piqué (CB), Miralem Pjanić (CM), Sergiño Dest (RB), and Ansu Fati (LW) are out against Alaves. Philippe Coutinho (CAM) and Sergi Roberto (RB) are questionable.
- Cadiz: Álex Fernández (LM), José Mari (CM), and Carlos Akapo (RB) are questionable to face Athletic Bilbao. Jens Jønsson (CM) is out.
- Granada: Maxime Gonalons (CDM), Luis Milla (CM), Yangel Herrera (CAM) are questionable to play against Atletico Madrid.
- Huesca: Pedro Mosquera (CDM) is questionable to play against Sevilla.
- Levante: José Luis Morales (ST) is out against Osasuna.
- Osasuna: Facundo Roncaglia (RB) is out against Levante.
- Real Betis: Marc Bartra (CB) is questionable to face Villarreal.
- Real Madrid: Sergio Ramos (CB), Eden Hazard (LW), and Marcelo (LB) are out against Valencia. Daniel Carvajal (RB), Federico Valverde (CM), Lucas Vázquez (RB), Éder Militão (CB), and Rodrygo (RW) are questionable.
- Sevilla: Marcos Acuña (LB) is questionable to play against Huesca. Lucas Ocampos (LW) and Jesús Navas (RB) are out.
- Valencia: Mouctar Diakhaby (CB) is questionable to play against Real Madrid. Jasper Cillessen (GK) is out.
- Villarreal: Mario Gaspar (RB) is questionable to face Real Betis. Rubén Peña (RB) and Vicente Iborra (CDM) are out.
Ligue 1 Injury News
- Angers: Rachid Alioui (CM) and Stéphane Bahoken (ST) are questionable to play against Nantes.
- Bordeaux: Youssouf Sabaly (RB) and Otávio (CDM) is out against Marseille.
- Lille: Burak Yilmaz (ST) is questionable to play against Brest.
- Lorient: Paul Nardi (GK) and Vincent Le Goff (LB) are questionable to play against Monaco.
- Lyon: Jason Denayer (CB) is out against .
- Marseille: Jordan Amavi (LB) and Arkadiusz Milik (ST) are questionable to play against Bordeaux.
- Metz: Opa Nguette (LW) are questionable to play against Strasbourg.
- Monaco: Gelson Martins (RM) is questionable to play against Lorient.
- Nice: Jeff Reine-Adélaïde (CM) is out against PSG. Youcef Atal (RB) is questionable.
- Nimes: Loïck Landre (CB) is questionable to face Monaco.
- PSG: Neymar (CF), Keylor Navas (GK), Marco Verratti (CM), and Ander Herrera (CM) are questionable to face Nice. Ángel Di María (RW) is out.
- Saint Etienne: Panagiotis Retsos (CB) and Mathieu Debuchy (RB) are questionable to face Rennes. Romain Hamouma (ST) is out.
- Strasbourg: Mohamed Simakan (CB) is out against Metz.