Sitting just outside the top 1k heading into the final quarter of the season, Let’s Talk FPL’s Andy looks at a number of burning questions facing FPL managers after the March international break.
Chelsea Defensive Triple-Up
Given their recent defensive returns, it’s understandable that FPL managers are looking to double, or even in some cases triple, up on Chelsea’s defence.
Their upcoming fixtures are certainly looking appealing, with West Brom (h), Crystal Palace (a), Brighton (h), West Ham (a) and Fulham (h) to come.
For my own team, I already own Antonio Rüdiger (£4.7m) and am looking to add Edouard Mendy (£5.2m) to my squad. I’d provide a word of caution on the triple-up, though. While it looks good for the next few weeks, and I’m sure it’s something that Gameweek 31 Wildcarders will consider, you also need to think ahead about how to get out of it when the fixtures turn in Gameweek 35. You may not want to be lumbered with three defenders at that point and it might be easier to manage by avoiding it right now.
There are lots of other teams and players with good fixtures both in the short term and up until the end of the season which might work well, without getting stuck on a defensive triple-up on one team (something that also blocks the potential for bringing in an attacker, should you want to).
Kieran Tierney (£5.3m) is someone that I’ve already added to my team. Between Gameweeks 31 and 38, Arsenal play six sides that are in the bottom nine for expected goals (xG) so far this season.
Become a Member and get unrestricted access to our data and articles
Full-year memberships, monthly subscriptions and a FREE trial are all now available.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.
ALREADY A USER? CLICK HERE TO UPGRADE YOUR FREE ACCOUNT